Whether to your surprise or not, according to the World Health Organization 60% of us carry some type of parasites.
These microscopic organisms find their way into our bodies through numerous aspects of everyday life. Parasites are typically transmitted through the air, food, water, and may even be contracted to a child during birth. If action is not taken to eliminate parasites there remains a chance to affect one’s health both physically and mentally. Due to the wide variety of parasites, the symptoms associated also vary greatly.
Some of the Symptoms of Parasite Infection:
- Feeling tired most of the time, sleeping problems
- Weight loss or gain
- Muscle cramps
- Cold hand and/or feet
- Mucous problems
- Bad breath
- Heart palpitations
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Gas, Bloating, Abdominal pains
- Difficult digestion
- Irregular bowel movements
- Skin condition
- Restlessness, anxiety or depression
- Joint or muscle pain
- Itchy nose, ears or anus
- Heart pain
- Yeast infection
- Bladder or kidney infection
Alternative/Natural remedies to eliminate Parasites
For best results, we recommend a multi-step approach to ensure an effective treatment.
In addition to a parasite cleanse, it is very beneficial to add colonics as part of your treatment process. Partaking in Colonics while on the parasite cleanse will help to free the colon toxic matter and increase the rate at which the parasites are eliminated. While doing a supplement cleanse sounds great, if your colon is backed-up there is little room for the parasites to be eliminated leaving them to only recirculate through the body. Once these parasites recirculate they have a tendency to latch onto a variety of different organs causing even more harm to the body. For best results, it is recommended to complete a full series of 10-12 sessions. The first 4 sessions should be completed in a two-week period continuing with weekly sessions until your symptoms have cleared.
While completing a parasite cleanse it is extremely crucial to keep a healthy diet just as when doing any other type of cleansing or detox. Your diet should consist of foods as close to their natural state as possible. Be sure to avoid any refined sugars and processed goods. Include these anti-parasitic foods for best results: onion, garlic, raw unsalted pumpkin seeds, raw beets, carrots, figs, papaya seeds, pomegranates, and cranberry juice.
3. Herbal Supplements
Black walnut, wormwood, and cloves are of the most powerful anti-parasitic herbs traditionally used to kill and eliminate parasite infections. Combining these sources with other anti-parasitic herbs helps to increase the ability to eliminate a variety of parasite types in the body. A herbal supplement cleanses should be performed for a minimum of 30 days as parasites are most active during a full moon. Some may need to continue with the cleanse for 2-3 months or longer depending on the severity of one’s condition.
These herbs do not interact with other medications and are safe to use while breastfeeding. There are no major side effects, although a “healing crisis” effect is not uncommon. A healing crisis can be experienced during any type of cleanse but is especially common during parasite cleansing. This is a result of the herbs working to remove the toxic parasites from body organs and tissues. Popular symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and abdominal cramping. Typically the crisis only lasts 3-7 days. To help reduce your chance of experiencing a healing crisis be sure to increase your water intake and reduce your supplement dosage as needed.
What is Candida?
Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. Its main job is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. Yeasts are parasitic organisms that deprive the body of nutrients. They also eliminate toxic waste into the body and been found to produce over 70 known toxins. When Candida grows from its yeast form into a fungal form, it creates waste products known as ‘mycotoxins’. Among the mycotoxins produced is ‘acetaldehyde’, a poison that is converted by the liver into alcohol. As alcohol builds up in the system, symptoms associated with alcohol intoxication develop. This is why one of the most common symptoms of Candida is ‘brain fog’.
In its fungal form, Candida grows long roots called ‘rhizoids’ that puncture the intestinal lining, leading to Leaky Gut Syndrome. This means that the digestive tract has holes in it, allowing Candida to pass through into the bloodstream. When undigested food particles leak through these holes and enter the bloodstream, the body views them as foreign invaders. This can result in food allergies or sensitivities, and autoimmune diseases. As mycotoxins become abundant in the body, more serious and chronic conditions can develop. Toxins tend to settle in the organs and tissues of the greatest weakness. As everyone has a different area of genetic or acquired weakness, each individual can manifest a different disorder. This explains why Candida symptoms can be so wide-ranging.
Common causes of Candida
The healthy bacteria in your gut typically keep your candida levels in check. However, several factors can cause the candida population to get out of hand.
- Taking a round of antibiotics; A course of antibiotics will likely kill the harmful bacteria for which it is prescribed, but it also destroys many of the beneficial bacteria that live in your This army of bacteria plays a vitally important role in your immune system.
- Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar; The modern diet provides huge amounts of the sugar that Candida albicans needs to survive and thrive. That includes sugar itself, foods containing sugar, and also anything that converts to sugar. Refined carbohydrates, like white flour, and even fruits can all contribute to Candida overgrowth.
- Taking oral contraceptives; The intestines are delicate organs, containing a broad mixture of microorganisms and yeasts that all help to process and digest food. They depend on the right environment to support them, and this equilibrium can be thrown off by the hormonal imbalances caused by the contraceptive pill. By disturbing this balance, the contraceptive pill opens the door for Candida to once again outgrow its competitors in the gut. Estrogen, the major ingredient in the contraceptive pill, is known to promote the growth of yeast
- Chemical Exposure; Chemicals that are added to drinking water, such as chlorine and fluoride, can kill the beneficial bacteria in your gut. This weakens your immune system and has the potential to allow a small number of Candida yeast cells in your gut to grow into a Candida infestation. Chlorine, in particular, can be found almost everywhere you look. Most cities add chlorine to their drinking water. This means that you are drinking chlorine every day, bathing in it, shower in it, and using it to wash the clothes that you and your family wear. As a powerful disinfectant, it ensures that the water supply stays free of pathogens. However, the health benefits are outweighed by chlorine’s effect on your gut flora and immune system.
- Diabetes: Sufferers of diabetes are more likely to experience repeated yeast infections for two reasons. The first reason is that diabetics have high blood sugar levels that feed the Candida yeast cells. This is either due to a shortage of insulin production in the body or because the body is not reacting to insulin as it should. The second reason is the weakened immune system that is one of the symptoms of diabetes
- Chronic Stress: Stress affects your body in two ways, both of which can lead to excess Candida. One of your body’s first reactions to a stressful situation is to release cortisol, a hormone that depresses your immune system and raises your blood sugar level. The Candida yeast feeds on the extra sugar, while your weakened immune system is powerless to stop it. Stress gives it the chance to overpower the existing gut flora in your small intestine.
Some of the Candida Symptoms:
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
- Food allergies/Intolerances
- Frequent sinus infections
- Dry mouth and tongue, cracked tongue, bleeding gums
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Depression, anxiety, sudden mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches, drowsiness, or fatigue
- Abdominal pain. bloating, gas, constipation, or diarrhea or mucus in the stool
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus and brain fog
- Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives and rashes
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Mood Swing
Alternative/Natural remedies to eliminate Candida
For best results, we recommend a multi-step approach to ensure an effective treatment along with the Anti-Candida Diet.
The majority of a Candida yeast overgrowth is within the digestive system especially around the ileocecal valve connecting the small intestine to the large and within the transverse colon. When you destroy a yeast cell with a product or substance, the internal yeast fluids being toxic to the body, are released into the digestive chamber in fairly large amounts and are immediately absorbed into the bloodstream. If your program is effective, there will be thousands upon thousands of yeast cells die very quickly every day and will create the “Hexheimer Dieoff Reaction.” This is where most yeast poisons are created faster than the immune system or eliminative channels can remove from the blood, and therefore you may feel some temporary discomforts such as a headache, fatigue, muscle aches, joint or chest pains, sinus, lung, throat inflammation and mucus, constipation, gas, etc. These symptoms can all be greatly alleviated by assisting the body in removing the dead candida yeast cells and their toxic by-products. By far the very best method of accomplishing this is through colonic irrigation. Since the majority of the candida is around the ileocecal valve in the colon, it only makes sense to flush them out of this area and out of the body before they are absorbed in the bloodstream.
2. Supplement Recommendations
- Minimum 30 day Candida Cleanse (anti-fungal, anti-bacterial)
- Probiotics: Probiotics provide the helpful bacteria that your gut desperately needs, and helps fight off the bad bacteria that can overrun your gastrointestinal tract with yeast overgrowth.
- Digestive Enzyme: Digestive enzyme is frequently used to help balance the gut. The nutritional supplemental Digestive enzyme should be taken with every meal, as well as in between meals so that the build-up of yeast will be reduced, as well as aiding digestion of the current meals
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains both lauric acid and caprylic acid. Those acids make it antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral. Coconut oil is a great contributor to health and healing.
- Grapefruit seed extract: A Polish study published in 2001 found that a 33 percent grapefruit extract has a potent antifungal effect against Candida albicans strains taken from patients with candida symptoms. GSE’s antifungal properties help it combat candida infestations by killing the yeast cells that have taken over in the body.
- Olive leaf extract: Olive Leaf extract is 100% natural, herbal antifungal, antibacterial, an antiviral extract obtained from specific parts of the olive tree.
The Candida Die-Off Reaction
This phenomenon, known as the Herxheimer reaction, can lead to temporarily unpleasant symptoms which have all the characteristics of a reaction to a toxic substance. This is, in fact, a good sign since it means large numbers of the candida yeast cells are being killed by the supplements, but unfortunately, they are releasing their toxins into the bloodstream. Symptoms include many of those you have come to associate with bad days with the candida infection, such as itching, headaches, nausea, muscular aches, and flu-like symptoms. By flushing out the colon through colon hydrotherapy, you drastically cut down the effects of the die-off symptoms. The die-off toxins (plus the dead candida cells) are being flushed out of the system before they are absorbed into the bloodstream.